Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - a Sr. Product Manager to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, "take no prisoners" journey that increases the productivity, value, & revenue potential of dynamic fan data for Sports Teams, Leagues & Federations around the globe. Review the key responsibilities, ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
"Great - but what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks (PJD) has developed a data platform tuned specifically for the Sports industry, to extract and refine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources and optimize it for clients to understand who their fanbase is, and generate direct & indirect revenue streams. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia Eagles, Inter Miami CF, ATP, Hong Kong Rugby, Williams Racing, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with our leadership team as well as the design and development teams.
- Drive the product direction (including vision, strategy, objectives)
- Monitor all aspects of the product development process, collaborating with the team to drive projects to completion
- Solve our customers' most difficult product use problems and pains
- Keep the Client Services team informed of upcoming product changes, working hand in hand to offer clients answers and tutorials for FAQ's.
- Provide weekly timeline status reports and updates to key stakeholders
- Prioritize the development team's backlog
- Work cross-functionally across projects
What we're looking for:
- Someone with a strong vision and a lot of people skills
- A work-ethic that thrives in fast paced work environment
- High level of organization
- Analytically minded with experience leveraging data to uncover insights
- Significant interpersonal skills and communication skills
- The ability to set boundaries for the team and stick to the project scope
- Being comfortable with agile development and ability to move quickly from idea to execution
- A team player who has an opinion but can adopt another strategy for the good of the whole
- Being flexible and able to work as part of a remote, global team
- You must have at least five years of experience working in the software industry, three of which were as a product manager or other key role on a product team. Complex, data-rich applications are a plus
- A proven track record of creating meaningful change
- Experience in Agile management
- Experience in cross-functional product development. And we really mean that cross-functional part
- Experience in simple design that reflects complex data
- A solid understanding of how data interacts with software
- A basic understanding of what happens under the hood
- Certifications are a plus
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.