Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - a Lead Front-end Engineer to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, "take no prisoners" journey that increases the productivity, value, & revenue potential of dynamic fan data for Sports Teams, Leagues & Federations around the globe. Review the key responsibilities, ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
"Great - but what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks (PJD) has developed a data platform tuned specifically for the Sports industry, to extract and refine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources and optimize it for clients to understand who their fanbase is, and generate direct & indirect revenue streams. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia Eagles, Inter Miami CF, ATP, Hong Kong Rugby, Williams Racing, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
- Communicate with UX peers to deliver not just pixel-perfect designs, but amazing experiences
- Consult with UX team as they are designing new product features
- Collaborate with CEO on product priorities
- Add features to and maintain the product backlog
- Communicate with executives on progress within the product as well as expose dependencies
- Remove blockers for teammates when they arise
- Lead a team of engineers using the Scrum agile framework
- Communicate across business units and product lines to develop features spanning multiple areas
- Be a driving factor in moving the product forward technically through innovation and new technology
- Ensure that the application is performing well in all situations
- Design and develop complex features and visualizations using React
- Guide scope, estimation, and technical delivery during iterations and releases
- Be the first line of defense against bugs and be able to quickly deploy fixes
- Deliver well-tested code
- Keep the design system consistent throughout the application
- Bring new and updated technology into the application when it brings improvements
- Maintain a good engineering culture where the team collaborates and works together
- 5+ years of professional software development
- 3+ years building React applications
- 2+ years leading a team of engineers
- Experience with the Scrum agile framework
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with AWS Experience with product management is a plus
- Understanding of unit and integration testing best practices
We require a small project to start with that should take ≤ 8 hours. We want to ensure we are a good fit and that you are setup to succeed before we invest in each other.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.