Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - an iOS Engineer to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, "take no prisoners" journey that increases the productivity, value, & revenue potential of dynamic fan data for Sports Teams, Leagues & Federations around the globe. Review the key responsibilities, ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
"Great - but what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks (PJD) has developed a data platform tuned specifically for the Sports industry, to extract and refine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources and optimize it for clients to understand who their fanbase is, and generate direct & indirect revenue streams. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia Eagles, Inter Miami CF, ATP, Hong Kong Rugby, Williams Racing, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
- Design and build applications for iOS platforms
- Ensure performance and quality of the application
- Collaborate with cross functional team to define and design the app
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Perform checks on correct functionality of app
- Integrate application with backend tools such as cloud, APIs and push notifications
- Responsible to help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Responsible for providing prototypes and proofs of concepts
- Maintain clean code by following best practices and code review process
- Integrate 3rd party APIs, SDKs in a seamless manner to meet business objectives
- Create modules that can be exposed as SDKs to interested parties
- Expert in Swift programming
- UI and UX experience
- Proficiency with 2D and 3D graphics frameworks
- Experience with iOS frameworks
- Adept with benchmarking and modification
- Familiar with Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficiency with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Knowledgeable of REST API and push notifications
- Source Control - Version Management (github etc)
- Familiarity with CI/CD process
We require a small project to start with that should take ≤ 24 hours. We want to ensure we are a good fit and that you are setup to succeed before we invest in each other.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.