Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - an ETL Developer Engineer to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, "take no prisoners" journey that increases the productivity, value, & revenue potential of dynamic fan data for Sports Teams, Leagues & Federations around the globe. Review the key responsibilities, ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
"Great - but what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks (PJD) has developed a data platform tuned specifically for the Sports industry, to extract and refine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources and optimize it for clients to understand who their fanbase is, and generate direct & indirect revenue streams. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia Eagles, Inter Miami CF, ATP, Hong Kong Rugby, Williams Racing, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
- Help manage the data ingestion lifecycle
- Identify data sources and locations
- Work with managers to catalog and prioritize data sets
- Work with clients to extract data into our AWS S3 Data Lake (usually via SFTP or API pull)
- Use AWS Glue and similar tools to transform data into our Data Warehouse
- Optimize our data across sources for use by our BI Tools and Node.js API
- Be a thought leader on improving our data pipelines and technologies
- Troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Understand our security and compliance requirements related to our data processes
- At least 2 - 3 years of SQL experience. Exposure to PostgreSQL is required. You will be tested on your SQL knowledge.
- At least 2 - 3 years of experience delivering ETL, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities.
- Strong professional experience with Python and/or Spark. You will be tested using PySpark if you say you have this experience.
- At least 2 - 3 years experience working with an industry leading ETL tool. AWS Glue considered a big bonus.
- Experience integrating customer data into an existing data model (such as SalesForce).
- Experience dealing with GDPR and PII data is required.
We require a small project to start with that should take ≤ 3 hours. We want to ensure we are a good fit and that you are setup to succeed before we invest in each other.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.