Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - a Data Analyst to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, "take no prisoners" journey that increases the productivity, value, & revenue potential of dynamic fan data for Sports Teams, Leagues & Federations around the globe. Review the key responsibilities, ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
"Great - but what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks (PJD) has developed a data platform tuned specifically for the Sports industry, to extract and refine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources and optimize it for clients to understand who their fanbase is, and generate direct & indirect revenue streams. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia Eagles, Inter Miami CF, ATP, Hong Kong Rugby, Williams Racing, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
- Work with our Client Services team to understand client's requirements for data processing
- Hold client's hand through basic processes such as connecting SFTP servers and analyzing datasets
- Write specification for what needs to be done for the client
- This will often involve how data should be mapped into our standard model
- Confirm that data was properly (according to your spec) loaded into the product and is usable by the end user
- Good understanding of SQL and data modeling
- Ability to diagram a recommended data model based business entities
- Working knowledge of database topics such as foreign keys and relationships
- Experience writing requirements documents (specs/tasks)
- Experience managing client relationships
- Basic or conceptual understanding of Software development and/or ETL process
- Experience with compliance (SOC 2, GDPR, etc) considered a huge plus
- AWS or Azure experience considered a plus
We require a small project to start with that should take ≤ 4 hours. We want to ensure we are a good fit and that you are setup to succeed before we invest in each other.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.