Ready for your next big challenge?
We’re looking for someone spectacular - a Back-end Engineer to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime, "take no prisoners" journey that increases the productivity, value, & revenue potential of dynamic fan data for Sports Teams, Leagues & Federations around the globe. Review the key responsibilities, ask questions, look deep inside yourself, and if it seems like a match, let’s hop on the phone and get to know each other.
"Great - but what is Pumpjack Dataworks?"
Pumpjack Dataworks (PJD) has developed a data platform tuned specifically for the Sports industry, to extract and refine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data sources and optimize it for clients to understand who their fanbase is, and generate direct & indirect revenue streams. We're already working with top tier teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, Philadelphia Eagles, Inter Miami CF, ATP, Hong Kong Rugby, Williams Racing, World Table Tennis, and plenty of others.
We've closed a successful investment round, have multiple investments from industry leaders, and are rapidly marching toward a Series A. We're gearing up for this rocket ride and are looking to bring some top shelf talent along with us.
- Collaborate with the team to further our Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Design and develop complex features using Node.js and Express
- Maintain Node.js REST and GraphQL APIs
- Interact with and help maintain Postgres databases
- Guide scope, estimation, and technical delivery during iterations and releases
- Develop subject matter expertise in different domains
Required Experience (Sr)
- 5 years professional development experience
- At least 3 years building and maintaining production Node/Express applications
- A working knowledge of how to use git
- Professional experience with PostgreSQL (or any SQL database) and Redis
- Experience developing GraphQL based services
- Professional experience with AWS considered a plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies considered a plus
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing best practices
- Database optimization and performance tuning
We require a small project to start with that should take ≤ 8 hours. We want to ensure we are a good fit and that you are setup to succeed before we invest in each other.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - Dallas and Fort Worth, but offer remote opportunities anywhere in the US or Canada
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As a core team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing. For contractors, insurance benefits follow a probation period.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Sports Access: We offer opportunities to meet with professional sports franchises and engage with some events (live and virtual)
Please note: Individuals must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.